Have active acne. Is it possible to get rhinoplasty for my type of skin?

hi, my age is 22, male and i want a nose job to be done.
I had active acne skin(nodulecyst degree 4) in my teenage. I do have some regular acne on my face. Is it possible to get a rhinoplasty for my type of skin and could you please tell me about the best treatment for my ice prick scars.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 35 minutes later
Hi there,

Thank you for posting your question here.

The Cosmetic Surgeon in question will have a protocol in place with respect to rhinoplasty and coexisting acne vulgaris. My feeling is that they will be able to proceed but only under broad-spectrum antibiotic cover. This may be started a few week before surgery.

The best treatment for your icepick scars? Again your Cosmetic Surgeon will advise. My preference would be Yag Laser treatment followed by punch biopsy of centre of scar and suturing the resulting deficit. This usually gives excellent results.

They should be able to do all these procedures at the one sitting. Good health!