Have acne that get hard. Starts after a spicy meal or stress. Using clindac-A and fucidin. Better ointment?

I regularly get Acne boils on my FACE. It starts on a small area in red color, then it gets harder, and it remains for nearly a week before the pus comes out.
I have noticed that it starts the very next day when I have too much of spicy meal, or if I jog/workout more on the day putting more physical stress on the body, or when I work in on the computer for long hours causing eye strain.

I have been using Clindac-A from several years, and also recently i have started applying Fucidin on the affected areas.

Please suggest me if there is a ointment better than the above... and also the remedies.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 1 hour later

Acne is a chronic lifestyle disease and can’t be treated with mere creams most of the times.

It requires a treatment with oral antibiotics and isotretinoin to stop acne completely.

Clindamycin is used for acne but fusidic acid is not of much help in acne.

Eating meat or doing physical exercises are not contributory to acne lesions.

I would request you to visit a qualified dermatologist at once to get a treatment for your acne as the pits and scars which are left after the acne subsides is very difficult and costly to treat.

Dr. Rohit Batra