Have acne on face, pigmentation increased due to sun exposure. How to remove this?

I am a pilot by profession and my sun exposure is tremendous and inevitable. Of late I have been having bursts of acne on my face and also the pigmentation has increased due to sun exposure. My dermatologist is suggesting me peels...............but I suspect peel(I had got a few peels done in the past, some 3-4 years back) to be the culprit for these acne on my face. My skin always feels tired and stretched because of sun exposure. Is there a safe method to a better and glowing skin. Can the acne and pigmentation be taken care of in a safer way. What is kozimax
Posted Sun, 5 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
Acne and pigmentation are common problems but are difficult to treat especially if sun exposure is more,
Using a good quality sunscreen religiously is main step in treatment.
Peels are an excellent modality to treat both acne and pigmentation.
Peels usually do not cause acne.
Salicylic /mandelic acid peels are very much effective in both acne and pigmentation.When used correctly these will definitely prove useful.
In my opnion you should go ahead with these peels without any doubt.
Other than peels few topical creams which can be tried for pigmentation are
kojic acid, azelaic acid, arbutin ,glabridin etc.
kozimax is similar cream with kojic acid you can try them apply it daily at night time.
For acne you can use Adaple C gel daily at night time it will help in both acne and pigmentation. Along with this you can use Acnemoist cream it is a moisturizer for acne prone skin.It will make the tired /stretched skin moist and supple.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.