Have acne on face. What treatment should be done?

Dermatologist
Question
I have acne on my face, I Moved away from edible fats and worked CLEARASIL SKIN but I was a vain
Posted Thu, 6 Dec 2012 in Acne

Answered by Dr. Kruti 14 minutes later
Hello

I will be glad to be of assistance and answer your queries till you get a satisfactory answer.

Acne is a part of everyone's life. Some get severe acne while others don't.

The treatment depends on the severity.

Usually we recommend a combination of treatment with RetinA cream at night to be applied on full face for two hours and application of benzoyl peroxide gel 2.5% on the pimples in the morning for 2 hrs.

If the severity is a little more than antibiotics like Doxycycline are recommended.

Also cleansing of the face with an oil free cleanser three times a day is useful for reduction of acne.

Hope these recommendations are helpful to you. Please let me know if I can address any other concerns.

Follow-up: Have acne on face. What treatment should be done? 57 minutes later
What type of RetineA Cream I can do
0.4% or 0.1% ... !?
I live in Morocco, is that I can make the product aureomycin 1%

Answered by Dr. Kruti 32 minutes later
Thanks for your reply.

You can use Retin A cream 0.025%.

Aureomycin is an antibiotic cream. However I would prefer treating acne without using an antibiotic cream to start with. Hence I would recommend use of benzoyl peroxide and retin a cream.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have acne on face. What treatment should be done? 6 hours later
But i dont have this products.. im from morocco !
i stop use Aureomycin ophthalmic cream ?

Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later
Retin A cream is tretinoin containing cream. They are available world wide and I am sure it should be available there too. You may discuss with your pharmacist; if it is unavailable, they can suggest a suitable alternative brand with tretinoin 0.025%

Antibiotic creams is not recommended now.

Hope this answers your query. Please let me know if I can address any other concerns.