Have acne in face. Cure?

Dec 2013

I have many acne in my face .how is cure of acne .This cause is sexual
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Pimples appear due to hormonal influence

Detailed Answer:

Welcome and thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX

I can understand your concern for pimples. As a young male it is really bothersome to have something irritating our face.

Before I proceed to your issue let me explain you elaborately regarding pimples- Acne or pimples in most of teenage people starts appearing at the age of 13-14 years and then almost vanishes by the age of 25 years.

The main cause of pimple formation is basically due to hormones (chemicals which are influencing one or other body functions) in addition to the influence of certain other factors causing its aggravation.

The hormone testosterone plays the most important role in high oil secretion and increase the size of oil glands especially in males. As the pores or ducts of the glands are blocked so it leads to formation of pimples.

There are certain other factors such as application of oily or creamy products, over exposure to sunlight, heat and humidity or due to pinching, popping and squeezing of the pimples also leads to formation of pimples.

Once these are healing they leave the most problematic thing which are either marks or scars.

Therefore any of the above factors along with hormones can cause appearance of pimples at the age of 21 years. After the age of 25 years there is less upsurge in the hormones and these gets stabilized and therefore less or no appearance of pimples after 25 years.So probably you got some idea regarding your acne. We do not say it as a sexual cause but as a hormonal factor playing its role in everyone.

Kindly give me brief idea regarding :

-status of your pimples that how often in a month you get big pimples and also how many in a week.

-Are there any scars and/ or pigmentation.

- Treatment taken before in form of any medications by mouth or any medications which you have applied.

It would be better if you can upload a close picture of face. For that you have a feature to upload images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your further queries. Or else, you can send as an attachment to YYYY@YYYY with the subject as "Attn: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia).

There are certain suggestions which you can follow:

1. Do not pinch, pop or squeeze any area on face.

2. Do not apply any creamy or oily stuff or any other cosmetics over face.

3. Try to avoid any home remedies suggested by your friends or family members or otherwise self implicated therapies also.

4. Try avoiding situations of direct continuous exposure to sunlight or heat and humidity for long hours.

5. Kindly do not use any antibiotic as self medication.

6. Do not apply any hair oil on scalp or apply in very less amount. Wash your scalp daily with some good shampoo and let there be no dandruff in your scalp ( because dandruff itself causes blockage of pores of oil glands and then pimples).

Hope these informations will help you. If you have any further query I will be happy to help.

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)