Have acidity and gas after eating due to anxiety. Feeling hungry after taking ganaton. Any suggestion?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical

I had acidity and gas after eating . My doctor said its due to anxiety and prescribed 1/2 of XXXXXXX 10 and ganaton total. When I take both of the medicine I have no stomach problem and I feel very hungry but when I do not take ganaton total my problems are back again. Please suggest
Posted Mon, 26 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 12 minutes later

Thanks for writing in

Information provided by you is suggestive of gastroesophageal reflux disease

If there was no information of relief with ganaton it would have been stamped as gastritis and or dyspepsia

I would suggest you continue Ganaton for six weeks and that also twice a day before breakfast and dinner

Avoid stress

Take small frequent meals and avoid junk food

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of doubts
Wishing you a healthy life ahead
Follow-up: Have acidity and gas after eating due to anxiety. Feeling hungry after taking ganaton. Any suggestion? 7 minutes later
Thank you very much sir.

I was prescribed Ganaton 1 month ago with XXXXXXX 10. But XXXXXXX 10 gave high side effects so I discontinued and after 3 weeks started with 1/2 of XXXXXXX 10 as prescribed by doctor. So ,I am on Ganaton since last 1 month and on XXXXXXX since last 1 week. After having XXXXXXX and Ganaton both I really had good stomach with good appetite.

So, Sir are you assuring there is no cause of concern and I should continue Ganaton for another 6 weeks?

Thanks again.

Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 27 minutes later

Hi again

Yes I mean it do take care of what I have advised and do not hesitate to write in again in case of doubt

Get Well Soon