Have abnormal PAP and high risk HPV. Monogamous. Provide information?

I am a 48 y/o woman who had an abnormal pap. Confirmed also to have High Risk HPV. I just had a biopsy done and will have the results of that test in Two weeks to see if there are precancerous cells. I have been Married for 23 years and we have been monogamous. My OBGYN said that because my HPV is high risk that I was exposed to it with in the last year. How is that possible? My husband insist that he is faithful as I am. My OBGYN insists that high risk HPV cannot lay latent in men or woman and I find lots of information supporting both that it does and doesn't. I cannot find any information about hpv in men specifically high risk HPV and whether it can be dormant. I am very confused and need some clear answers as well as resources to go to to find the correct information.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
HPV infection as a risk of Ca cervix.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Multisexual partner is a risk factor for HVP infection and is not the definitive mode of infection.

Personal and reproductive hygiene also plays a major role in the spread of the infection.

But I can not be sure that the infection may not be from your male partner. It all depends upon the faith between you two.

HPV infection as a risk of Ca cervix. Wait for the biopsy result to decide on further action.

Hope the answer helps you.
Follow-up: Have abnormal PAP and high risk HPV. Monogamous. Provide information? 35 hours later
Thanks for the reply but I have specific questions that I like to addressed.

1. Can high risk HPV lay dormant in a mans system then appear years later and be transferred. Specifically HIGH RISK HPV.

2. Can a woman contract High Risk HPV and no show changes on her pap and for how long?

What are good resources for in formation about this virus beside ACOG and CDC websites. Please provide a few.

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
HPV infection.

Detailed Answer:

If the male partner has genital warts then he can repeatedly transfer the infection. But there is not dormant phase for this virus.

HPV infection may be asymptomatic in many patient. When there is cervical dysplasia then PAP smear becomes positive.

This may take 5 to 7 years to happen and aggravating factors may be stress, recurrent RTI and poor personal hygiene.

CDC and ACOG are authorities in this subject and will help you with latest updates.