Have abdominal pain, taken i pill, bleeding from anus

May 2013
i have abdominal pain. i had i pill 3 days back and had periods 17days back. im bleedin and also bleeding from the anus
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 52 minutes later

i pill which is a emergency pill can cause side effects like pain abdomen, bloating sensation of the abdomen, menstrual irregularities etc,
as you took the pill on the 14th day of the cycle (in case of menstrual cycle with around 30 days duration it will come into the first part of the cycle) it will prepone the periods, so that may be responsible for your bleeding.
in general anal bleeding is not a side effect of i pill , it may be because of any gastrointestinal problem like constipation, anal fissure, hemorrhoids or anal intercourse etc,
usually the side effects of i pill will subside soon, if your symptoms persist or become severe you better visit gynecologist once.
as repeated use of emergency pill can cause problems better to go for some regular method of contraception.
for more details:

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.