Have abdominal pain, mild fever, swollen occipital lymph nodes. Tested positive for RA. Prognosis?

I have swollen occiptial lymph nodes, current fybro flair, I am being sent for a breathing evaluation, I have ryhnaid phenomenon, and always test positive for RA though I have no symptoms. My question is: Can my swollen lymph nodes be related to my current condition. I have pain in my abdomen above my navel, sweats and low grade fever. They are looking at a scleroderma dx.
Posted Sun, 12 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later

Thank you for putting up your problem to Healthcare Magic!
You are having many diseases together, interestingly they belong to a particular constellation named psychosomatic disorders.
Swollen lymph nodes can be seen due to the fibromyalgia or scleroderma.
Scleroderma will give many other symptoms like extensive skin disease, the potential for hypertensive & renal crisis, and XXXXXXX organs can also be affected.
A possibility of lymphoma also may be there and if you have reasonably large lymph node enlargement the CT abdomen and thorax is worthwhile.
The RA factor positivity is insignicant finding in absence of characteristic clinical features.
A good clinician can reasonably ascertain or refute the presence of lymphoma.
To pin point a diagnosis as soon as possible should be your target in near future.
I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you