Have abdominal pain, brownish vaginal discharge and low grade fever. Newly sexually active. Suggest?

Hi i am 25 years old
I have abdominal pain brownish vaginal discharge and low grade fever .. i am newly sexly active .. my period will be in one week ....
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Arif N Khan 1 hour later
Thank you for choosing XXXXXXX Your symptoms looks like pelvic infection. If this is your first episode you can take some symptomatic treatment like antispasmodic for pain abdomen and paracetamol tablets for fever. Wait for your periods, because your pain might decrease with periods.
If the fever is persisting then you might need a course of antibiotics, I usually put my patients on DOXYCYCLINE antibiotics for 5 days.
As you are sexually active now, kindly follow safe sex practice.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow-ups. If you like my answers kindly rate it, and write a review as well. Please do not forget to accept it.
Thank you,
Wish you good health.
Dr Arif
You can consult me again directly through my profile