Have abdominal pain associated with peptic ulcer. Can I take Omeprazole to relieve the pain?

I have abdominal pain associated with peptic ulcer can I take omeprazole to relive the pain
Posted Mon, 24 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Om Lakhani 8 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

If you have abdominal pain with peptic ulcer you can take omeprazole to relive the pain. Make sure you take it in the morning atleast 30 minutes before breakfast. I believe in some countries omeprazole is now available Over the counter. If the pain is still not relived you can also take some antacid along with it.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help

Dr. Om Lakhani