Have abdominal distention after weaning off tramadol. What shall I do?

I have had abdominal distention for 1week after weaning off tramadol. What shall I do?
Posted Mon, 7 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
It will relieve on it own.

Detailed Answer:

Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well Tramadol is known to cause such side effects , it is a opioid analgesic Gastrointestinal side effects are common and occur within the first 90 days of therapy in 40% of treated patients .

Constipation , nausea , abdominal distension are most common side effects . They generally go on their own as body adjusts to the weaning of tramadol . Still if you feel bloated you can consult a physician for this and might prescribe some laxatives for that .

Dr. Shruti