Have abdomen pain, had ultrasound done and everything normal. Have gall stones but no pain. Suggest?

I recently had an ultrasound done on my abdomen, and thankfully all my organs are healthy. However i have a
persistent pain in my abdomen and although they found gall stones the gallbladder is working fine and the pain is not from the gallstones. I have two questions, is it possible to have a stomach ulcer and not be passing blood in my stool?
Secondly why doesn't the ultrasound pick up a possible hernia or muscle tear in the abdomen?
Posted Fri, 4 Oct 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Small stomach ulcer may not cause bleeding.

Detailed Answer:

There may be superficial ulcers in stomach which can ache without causing gut bleed, but larger and deeper ulcer can at times can cause alarming bleed. An upper GI endoscopy is an useful diagnostic tool to diagnose stomach ulcer.

Ultrasound can pick up the hernia and muscle gap but smaller one can be picked up only when the hernia is swollen.

I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you. Feel free to write back if you have other enquiries.

Take Care!
Follow-up: Have abdomen pain, had ultrasound done and everything normal. Have gall stones but no pain. Suggest? 15 hours later
I have scheduled an endoscopy to determine if i have an ulcer in my stomach.
But they can't take me until October 21st. In the meantime is there something i
can take to decrease the pain. A pharmacist recommended Aloe Vera, distilled
liquid. Long term will this be benefical? Does Aloe Vera have any side effects?
I do have constipation problems and hope this doesn't make this worse. My gasto nurse practicioner also wanted me to try a medication to treat me for gastritis.? She gave me some samples to try for 5 weeks, would this indirectly
help an ulcer in any way? Any side effects of Dexilant?
Thank you for your excellent, professional answers.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
dexilant is worth.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
Thanks for the complement.
I do not advise aloe vera because it hardly has any benefit on stomach rather it can cause gastric upset by excessive gas formation.
Do not take the unnamed drug from the nurse either.

If you are advised Dexilant you can continue that, it can provide relief till endoscopy is done and the reports come.

I hope the advise will be helpful for you.