Have a very unusual cold sensation in the back of throat and nose when I breathe. Cause and cure?

ENT Specialist
Hello, I have a very unusual cold sensation in the back of my throat and nose especially when I breathe. It is there all the time and is beginning to really upset and stress me. Can you suggest a medicine and also inform me as to what this weird condition may me? Thank you
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 2 hours later

I have gone through your query regarding cold, which is disturbing your posterior part of throat and giving you weird feeling.

I would like to suggest you that you are having upper nose and throat; this may be due to sub clinical or mild sinusitis. You are advised to undergo these investigations-

(1) C.T.scan paranasal sinuses.
(2) Culture and sensitivity of throat swab.
(3) Blood - C.B.C., E.S.R., blood sugar (fasting & Post Prandial)
(4) X-ray chest P.A.View.

After this, complete examination of nose & throat, is recommended by E.N.T. specialist to find out the pathology by co-relation with investigations.

If you are taking any anti hypertensive medicine, that should also be considered as (ace inhibitors) sometimes also produces same problem.

I hope you are now satisfied about your query. Let me know if there are more concerns.

With Regards.