Have a tumor type growth below wrist. Should I be concerned?

Sir I have a tumor type extended on the right thy just 5-6 inch below the waist. As I remember I first found it when I was 8 or 9 year old. The size was very small then . As I grew up It also grew up with my body. Now it is near about or more than 100 gm size. though I never feel any pain or something. What is this? What should I do? Is it a matter of concern?
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 35 minutes later
The swelling, if having a hard feel then it is an out growth from the bone and is connected to femur and is immobile, this type of bony growth are called benign exostoses and are frequently found in families and are multiple in the same patient.
Another possibility is the swelling is a soft swelling in which case it can be a cyst, or an aneurysm from femoral artery in which case it would be pulsatile and you can feel a swoosh in it.
It is growing proportionately and slowly denotes that it is not cancerous swelling.
In both the case if it is disfiguring or symptomatic then it should be surgically excised, otherwise also it should be investigated with an Xray and a local vascular ultrasound to decide the final nature of the swelling.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Follow-up: Have a tumor type growth below wrist. Should I be concerned? 35 minutes later
Thank u very much sir. But sir in my case as I told you that it has been growng propotionately with my body and there is no pain. But If I press it then I feel some mild pain. Sir Is there any dangour in my case that is may be a cancerous swelling?
Sir I have uploaded the image of that. I thik you saw that. If I go for surgery then is there anything to concern about?
please guide me.
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 5 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
Your problem does not look like malignancy and the pain on pressure is expected because you are anxious also.
Surgery and excisional biopsy are good options and should be tried to diagnose and correct the deformity. The surgery would not be much risky in most such cases.
Wish you a great health!