Have a titanium rod in lower leg Experiencing pain and stinging sensation. Should I be worried?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
i have a titanium rod in my left lower leg due to a break. this occurred in Nov. 08. Now my leg is beginning to ache, have an occasional stinging sensation or a mild cramp in the back of my calf. should i be worried /
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 3 hours later
The mild ache and cramp in the leg that you are having is likely to be due to a muscle pain. This is not related to the titanium rod in your leg. You need to take a mild pain killer and plenty of electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids. Doing regular muscle stretching exercises under the guidance of a physical therapist will also help.
In case the pain is persistent then do consult your orthopedician for a physical examination.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Have a titanium rod in lower leg Experiencing pain and stinging sensation. Should I be worried? 33 minutes later
Could changes in weather cause this as well ?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 11 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The changes in weather can cause such a pain. Having plenty of fluids orally and fresh fruits will help in resolving these symptoms.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.