Ask a Urologist   »  

Have a tingling sensation on the tip of my penis. No discharge. No sores. What is this?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Feb 2013
Feb 2013
Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
Hello i have a tingling sensation on the tip of my penis. No discharge. No sores. I did use hibiclens cleanser on it and said it shouldnt be used on the penis.
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 2 hours later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Hibiclens cleanser contains chlorhexidine and it shoud be applied over the skin only.

It should not be used for topical application on mucosal surfaces like penis, eyes, ears, mouth, and rectum.

Topical application on penis tip may lead to irritation caused by mucosal injury.

The tingling sensation may be due to irritation caused by the application of the cleanser.

I advise you to stop applying the cleanser further.

For temporary relief, you can apply petrolatum jelly like vaseline locally.

And consult a Dermatologist for further treatment.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Regards.

Follow-up: Have a tingling sensation on the tip of my penis. No discharge. No sores. What is this? 50 minutes later
Thank you doctor. The petroleum jelly does help. Is it probable that i caused long term damage or will the tingling end eventually?

Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 10 hours later

You are welcome,

Thank you for getting back.

Nothing to worry and there will be no long term damage by applying the cleanser.

The tingling sensation will get subsided within few days after stoping the application of the cleanser.

If you don't have any doubts, you can close the session and I request you to kindly rate my answer to improve my self to address the queries in a better way in future.

Regards.