Have a throbbing feeling on the inside of arm. What could be this?

I have a throbbing feeling (like a pulse) on the inside of my left arm just below where your arm bends. Any ideas?
Posted Wed, 3 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 53 minutes later
Hi and thanks for the query,

A careful physical examination could be useful. However, it is worth noting that at the level where you are describing, the cubital artery turns outside and evolves side wards and downwards. It is therefore not unusual that you might be palpating the cubital or ulnar pulse.

I do not think it really should be a measure call for concern. Lack of other associated symptoms actually make the condition very benign or not likely to be anything serious. The history pf blood clots in this case is not very important or telling, I really think you should not bother.

I f still so disturbed, you might book an appointment with your family care physician. But, I think its nothing really to bother about for now,

best regards,
Bain LE, MD.