Have a swollen cervical lymph node. Suggest treatment?

I have a swollen cervical lymph node on the right side. I don't have any fever. This is persisting for 4 days. MayI treat with ibuprofen,hot compresses, or simply wait for healing?
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 5 hours later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

A swollen cervical lymph node could be because of several causes.
Some times it could be because of infection which may require antibiotics. Here there will be pain and swelling of the lymph node. There are several other causes for a cervical lymph node enlargement. Some times some investigations like CBC etc are required. Rarely a FNAC may be required.

So I suggest you should not self treat this and contact your doctor for physical examination and investigations.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.