Have a sunburn. Purple spots appeared from shoulder to bra strap. What is the proper treatment?

I have a sunburn that has purple spots underneath. I have treated it with cold compress, cool showers, aloe vera with lidocaine & menthol, and advil liquid gelcaps. Its burned from my shoulders to my bra strap. Obviously the skin is tight and sensitive, and I have some cold chills but is how I am treating it, a good treatment plan? If not, what else do you recommend?
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Sun Burn
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 hours later
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

Your treatment plan is basically is to just smooth the symptoms. It may not help much towards a faster healing .
When you have a sunburn it is essential to get rid of the inflammation .
You can put over the counter mild steroid cream along with antibiotic cream on the area twice a day for around 10 days . It will help in reducing the inflammation and aid in faster healing.

Thanks and take care