Have a spot on liver. Sonogram, MRI, catscan and liver biopsy done. What are the findings?

Oncologist, Surgical
I have a spot on my liver. Sonograms, MRI, Catscan proved inconclusive as to wether it is cancer. Had a liver biopsy. I received the results today, also inconclusive...What does
this mean if anything?
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 hours later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. If the lesion is suspicious on a scan and inconclusive report on histopath, the next logical step is to proceed with another biopsy under ultrasound guidance or a laparoscopic biopsy. With this we can get a bigger chunk of tissue which will be more representative of the lesion. Did the scans pick up any growth in other parts of the abdomen as it is very unlikely to have a lesion in the liver without a primary anywhere else unless it is a primary lesion of the liver. Another option is to get a PET scan done, which will be able to throw some light on the nature of the lesion.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.