Have a smooth hard bump on the back of hand. Popped it but grew back. Get it out?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
I have a smooth hard bump on the back of my hand. It does not hurt; however, it has been there 6-7 months. I know I need to get it checked out, but I have no insurance and they do not XXXXXXX when you are self-pay . . . .any advice? I tried to "pop" it thinking it was a blister, but it grew back.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

I have had a look at the pictures sent by you

It appears to be a small fibroma , basically you would need to get it removed if it is giving you problems

Else it can remain there am sure will not cause any immediate issues, in case it starts growing, gets painful, ulcerated or bleeds consult your caregiver and get it removed

Hope this helps
Am available for any followup queries
If there are no further doubts, do accept my reply and rate it

Wishing You A Speedy Recovery