Have a small sore on the inside of lip. STD test negative. Does not hurt. Cure?

Hi..I'm a healthy 28 year old male. I have a small "sore" on the inside of my lip. I think it could be as easy as a canker sore or burn from hot food or accidentally biting it but I just wanted to be safe.

History: tested for all STDs negative. Do not have HSV1 or 2 to the best of my knowledge via the tests.

Does not necessarily hurt. Just feels like a layer or two of skin is ripped off. Thanks!!
Another quick note. I'm not sure how I accidentally put this in the Medicines and Side Effects category. That was a mistake. My apologies.

Here is a little more information. My lips are very chapped and upon drying the lesion and looking, there's a little "line" in it where it is open so this could be from my chapped lips. Again, it doesn't chronically "hurt" and really is hard to draw any pain from it at all period.

I have also attached some more high resolution photos. Thank you.
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 4 hours later

Thanks for posting your query and the high-resolution pictures. Good Job!

You are right, I agree with you. In my opinion too, it is Canker sore. There is absolutely nothing to worry. Be rest assured that you are safe.

I am glad that you are negative for all STDs.

Now, consider taking multivitamin supplements on a daily basis for a few weeks. This is available over the counter. Take more fruits and vegetables. Drink more water.

You should be fine soon.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Follow-up: Have a small sore on the inside of lip. STD test negative. Does not hurt. Cure? 5 hours later
thank you doctor. I will certainly take your advice. What do you think the odds are that this could be a cold sore? I have kissed someone new since getting my testing done so I guess there always is a small window of chance. it is right on the line between being on the inside of my lip the outside of my lip. but it does have a line/crack in it as if caused by my very chapped lips. So I'm not sure. do you still think it is a canker sore? thank you very much.
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

In my opinion, the odds are almost nil. I do not see any reason (going by the history and the attached picture) for it to be a cold sore.

Yes, I would still stick to my opinion of Canker sore.

I would like to reassure you and tell you to not worry much about this, and move on...

Wish you good health.