Ask a Urologist   »  

Have a small round, reddish-purple spot on the head of penis. No discomfort. What could be this?

I have a small round reddish/purple spot on the head of my penis, it is very slightly raised. There is no discomfort, I can't even tell it is there if I could not see it. It has been there for a month that I am aware of, and is the same size now as when I first discovered it.

I waited a few weeks to see if it would go away, but as I checked again this morning it is still there and I now I am a little worried.
Posted Sun, 27 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

I have seen the pic and it is discoloration of the glanular skin and is probably because of some excoriation. I shall not worry about it a lot and it shall disappear by itself. The skin usually takes 6 weeks for regeneration and hence the minimum expected duration is at least 6 weeks.

However, I shall be curious to know whether you have any itching and if you had any history of unprotected sex.

Rajiv Goel