Have a small cut on scrotum.. Can it be herpes?

I have a small cut on my scrotum.. Afraid if it's herpes. Please help
Posted Fri, 22 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello. Thanks for the query and photograph. Kindly answer the following. 1. Is there any pain or itch in the lesion? 2. You had any recent sexual contact, if yes how many days back? 3. Was the lesion water filled initially. 4. Are there any other lesions or that is the only one. Waiting for your response. Thank you
Follow-up: Have a small cut on scrotum.. Can it be herpes? 4 minutes later
No pain, No itch.. Had a hand job like 4 days ago. For a few minutes. No sex before that at all for like 6 months. Never was filled with water. No other lesions. Recently was at the doctor bc of rash and was diagnosed with dermatitis. And instructed to by the doctor, had to switch my detergent. and soaps.. but I'm out of town now. So I've gone back to hotel soaps. Not sure if that matters. I'm just so terrified of herpes. I'm never having sex again. Meant to say slight itch, but not really the lesion. The whole genitals. Nothing more than normal tho. been diagnosed with balinitis in the past
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. Just relax its not herpes. Herpes presents as water filled lesion and there are multiple lesions. Also there must be a recent history of sexual intercourse. So please be calm you are safe. It is just a bacterial infection. Apply an anti bacterial cream like mupirocine. You will be fine in a week. Feel free to ask any other doubts. Thank you