Have a severe pain like someone is trying to pull out cervix and uterus. What is it?

Pathologist and Microbiologist
I have a severe pain liie someone is trying to pull out my cervix and uterus. what is t!?!?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 17 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query at health care magic.

A pain associated with pulling sensation can be due to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
PID is a group of diseases characterized by infection and inflammation of the genital organs- cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, ovaries and surrounding structures.
Most common cause of PID are sexually transmitted diseases.

However, no opinion is possible without clinical history especially your age, and sexual history.

Pulling out sensation is also seen in prolapse.
Prolapse is a condition wherein the genital organs come out of the introitus (vaginal opening) spontaneously or on stress like coughing, sneezing, etc.
The cause of prolapse is weakening of the pelvic muscles.
This condition is commonly seen in multiparous women (women who have given multiple births).

In any case, you need to visit your gynecologist for clinical examination and relevant investigations. Management will be based on the results of the investigations.

If you have more queries, I will be glad to answer.
Dr Shailja P Wahal