Have a severe case of ic, rectocelle and cystocele. What treatment should be done?

i have a severe case of ic and rectocelle and systocele what can i have my dr write a letter for disability. i am cripled yhis thing has taken over my entire life including embarrasement situations.
Posted Mon, 6 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

First a couple of questions:
1. When was the last time you saw your doctor?
2. When you say 'crippled' what do you mean?
3. Do you leak urine or stool?
4. What is worse, your IC or the prolapse?
Follow-up: Have a severe case of ic, rectocelle and cystocele. What treatment should be done? 24 hours later
todayfor me cripple means cant go anywhere cant do anthing always urinating 10to 15 times burning makes u want to cry, or scream,laeking is a problem cant eat nonthing everything just about a trigger
i do heavy lifting at work and now both rectocelle vagacell prolaspe i leak urine i have to change underwear wash up all day . my ic is the worst #2 prolaspe
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 3 hours later
Thank you for the followup. My guess is that the diagnosis of IC and bladder related symptoms will not improve until something is done about the prolapse. With prolapse of the bladder (cystocele), not only do you experience incontinence or leaking of urine, you are also likely not completely emptying the bladder. This leads to symptoms of urgency and frequency that will confuse just how much the problem is related to IC or prolapse. For someone with prolapse, the options include:
1. A trial of pessaries - these are devices that are placed in the vagina and hold the bladder and rectum in place. There are many different kinds and some that are used for prolapse and incontinence
2. Surgery to correct the prolapse - I agree, you are probably disabled and embarassed by the problem. But you are young and likely otherwise healthy. My guess is that this is ultimately what you are going to have to have done

You need a consultation with someone who has some special expertise in good luck!