Have a ringworm circle and swelling on lower back. How to get cured?

Jul 2012

I have a ringworm circle on my lower back and there is swelling around and near it that is XXXXXXX colored and getting bigger.
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there XXXXXXX
Is it possible to upload a clear digital photograph of the lesion? Use the 'upload data' icon to the right of your screen.
It does appear you are in pain. Is there an itch?
If an abscess (going by your descritpion), you will need an antibiotic & an antiinflammatory at the earliest to prevent things escalating. It may be early onset herpes zoster too. Please do visit the ER of any major hospital near you for a prescription as i understand meeting your GP may take time. This is not to alarm you as think all will be fine but to help you make an informed deciscion.
Cheers & Good Luck! Godspeed~
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD