Have a ring formation on foreskin, called tinea cruris. Not relieved with jock cream. Suggest?

Dermatologist
Question
I have a ring formation on my foreskin, 'tinea cruris' as the doctor said it, it has been there for 2-3 years now? no anti-jock itch cream is working? kindly help
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 1 hour later
From the description it seems, either it could be annular lichen planus or granuloma annulare or porokeratosis.
I can think of the most probable diagnosis only by looking at the concerned lesion,nf or the same, please upload an image of affected area.
A ringbworm infection would neither persist so long nor would it be refractory to medication.
Treatment in annular LP or granuloma annulare or porokeratosis is almost the same. All of these can be treated by using steroid cream lie mometasone and tacrolimus.
I would advise that you XXXXXXX a qualified dermatologist who can diagnose the condition and offer proper treatment advise.
Hope that helped. Take care

Follow-up: Have a ring formation on foreskin, called tinea cruris. Not relieved with jock cream. Suggest? 5 hours later
Here are the pictures for the same query of mine..

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 25 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Not all the attached pics are clearly showing your concerned lesion. However two images show small grouped whitish lesions on your foreskin. These are nothing but ectopic sebaceous glands or fordyce spots. These are usually asymptomatic and have no effect on health or sexual activity.
To some these might be cosmetically unpleasing. Usually we do not suggest any treatment , however if a patient wants these to be treated then electrocautery of the lesion can be done.
Hope that answered your query.

Follow-up: Have a ring formation on foreskin, called tinea cruris. Not relieved with jock cream. Suggest? 3 hours later
Thanks for replying Doc :) good to hear that, but I would like to add few things here:
1. The skin itches at times, becomes red and can see those patches clearly, I am not sure why is that, the same thing happens on the scrotum.
2. Applying those jock-itch creams makes it comfortable, but I am sure it is not jock-itch.
3. At times, it become difficult to pull back the foreskin as the skin becomes tight due to the same I guess(I think this might be the reason why it all started)

I will be visiting a dermatologist in few days, but just need few more opinions as well and that's the reason I asked it here.

Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 24 hours later
Hi
Thanks for writing back.
Forceful pulling of foreskin can induce such lesions. In that case a topical antibiotic steroid cream would be helpful
Itchy scrotum can be due to fungus or eczema. As the area is prone to sweat and trapped moisture, fungus thrives well in area. That is why antifungal creams help control itching the area.
As such foreskin glides freely and any difficulty in pulling it back warrants an examination to rule out surgical causes of tight foreskin.
Hooe that answered your query.