Have a red spot formed above penis which turned into white lump. Itching around testicles. STD test normal

Psychiatrist
Question
I have a red spot formed two inches above my penis, this turned into a hard white lump which i removed and it has a small root.
I also have itching around my testicles and bum and the testicles are red. There are a few spots above my bum as well, i have been to a STD clinic who checked everything and said i was fine, i have also seen two doctors who have diagnosed it as thrush, i have been using cream for one week and tablets for two days now, it seems to have gotten better but i am still worried. It has been like this for over a month now, surely too long for a herpes outbreak right?
Semen has also become sticky and thick
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Thanks for using healthcare magic.

I have gone through your history.

It seems that you have only fungal infection like thrush and not herpes. So rest assured.

your doctor may prescribe anti fungal agents for cure.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have any query.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Have a red spot formed above penis which turned into white lump. Itching around testicles. STD test normal 1 minute later
Thanks for the reply, how long can i expect it to take for this to clear? is there anything else i can do to assist in clearing it? i sometimes get an odd taste in my mouth as well

Answered by Dr. Nehal Shah 8 minutes later
Thanks for reverting to me.

It should be clear within 1 week time but in some case it may reoccur or may last longer.

- You should maintain your good personal hygiene locally.

- Use Cotton undergarments.

- Make the area dry after wash.

- Avoid sex until your are infection free.

I hope I have addressed your concern.

In case if you do not have any query, please close the discussion and rate the answer.

Thanks.

Follow-up: Have a red spot formed above penis which turned into white lump. Itching around testicles. STD test normal 20 hours later
The rest of the problem seems to have faded, the only issue i have is red burning sensation and sore scrotum, ive read about this syndrome, its not constant but seems to affect me when i wear tight jeans and in particular in the evening

Thanks for reverting to me.

There are observations wearing tight cloths for longer duration may increase the scrotal bag temperature so that it becomes tender and redness. Continuous increased scrotal temperturemay affect the sperm also.

So it is advisable to wear slightly loose cloths and have a lots of water to maintain body temperature.
I hope I have addressed your concern.

Feel free to revert to me in case if you have further query.

Thanks.