Have a red rash on shoulder and experiencing pain in armpit. What could it be?

Dermatologist
Question
I have a red rash on my shoulder/back. I am also experiencing pain on that side in my armpit. No rash in the armpit. It's like the pain is 'in the skin' not on the skin or in the muscle
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. It appears you are suffering from herpes zoster. It is a viral infection and presents with pain in one segment of body. If possible please upload a photograph of the lesion. This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis. Waiting for your response. Thank you

Follow-up: Have a red rash on shoulder and experiencing pain in armpit. What could it be? 1 hour later
I've uploaded a photo of the rash. This is the only spot that exists. It first occurred 3 days ago. The rash itself does not presently itch or have pain. It's just inflammed and red. No pustules or blister peresent at the current time.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 4 hours later
Brief Answer: details below Detailed Answer: Hi Ya it's appearing like herpes zoster only. Please XXXXXXX a dermatologist and get anti viral therapy started. I can suggest you medication but it is a prescription drug. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you