Have a rashes around rectum and itching. Almost like a burn. Suggest the cure for itching sensation?

I have a rashs on my female parts and on my skin around my rectum. No sex in 4 years and just itching and its almost like a burn. What is it and how do I stop itching. Driving me crazy. I'm 69.
Posted Wed, 13 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it could be fungal infection

Detailed Answer:
From the description provided it seems, you could be having fungal infection.
Groins and peri anal area are prone to fungal infection due to presence of hair, increased sweat, trapped moisture, friction etc. In such areas fungus thrives better.

To treat the same
take an oral antihistamine like cetrizine daily
Apply steroid antifungal cream. For the same you may mix Hydrocortisone and clotrimazole in equal quantities and apply twice daily.
Wear loose cotton clothes and underclothes
keep the area well ventilated as much as possible.
Do not use harsh soaps to wash the area. Use paper towels to wipe the area dry after washing it.

Hopefully this should help.If not much relief is obtained, please XXXXXXX a dermatologist nearby to start an oral antifungal.
Hope this helped.