Have a rash. Taking Lamotrigine. Side effect?

I have a rash wondering if it is because I am taking lamotrigine and just increased 2 weeks ago. what should I do? emergency room?
Posted Thu, 17 Oct 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Guru 53 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Youneed to consult an Internalmedicine doctor asap

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Side effects in the form of skin eruptions like maculopapular rash have been reported with the use of lamotrigine in some individuals. But, your rash can be due to other causes as well unrelated to lamotrigine use. You need to consult an XXXXXXX medicine doctor as soon as possible. I do not think going to an emergency room is immediately required but if you have associated symptoms like swelling of the lips, tongue, or face, wheezing, difficulty breathing, then immediately rush to ER. However, you need to consult an XXXXXXX medicine doctor as soon as possible.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health