Have a puss filled bump in between vagina and inner thigh. Is it an STD?

Hi I have a puss filled bump in between my vagina and inner thigh. Is it an std?
Posted Thu, 30 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query and the image.
The image presented is actually an inflammation with a pus collection. This is a bacterial infection for sure. An STD will be suspected if there is history of unprotected sexual intercourse.

This looks more or a local inflammatory lesion. If you have associated vaginal discharge, history of unprotected sex, painful urination and pains in the lower abdominal lesion, you could suspect an STD. if the symptoms all started almost as the same time with this lesion, you could also do.

In this case, I do not think it is due to an STD. You need to get it examined by your prescription of antibiotics and anti inflammatory drugs. This is not the usual presentation of an STD.

Thanks and best regards. Feel free asking further questions if need be.

Luchuo, MD.