Have a piece of tomato stuck in throat. What to do?

I have a piece of tomato stuck in my throat....will it dissolve/ what do I do?
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sujeet N Charugulla 23 minutes later
Hello and thanks for your query.

I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.

Don't worry - try to drink good amounts of water to help it go down into the stomach. It would dissolve eventually in the stomach even if it is a big piece.

Report to a doctor if any abdominal pain suddenly arises or any dyspepsia. Try OTC digestants to begin with.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Yet again, I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that you have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.

Dr Sujeet N Charugulla,
Consultant Physician.