Have a persistent boil at the top of pubic region. How do I get rid of it?

Jul 2012

I have a persistent boil at the top of my pubic region. How do I get rid of it??
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 26 minutes later
Hi there.
This persistent boil you describe appears to be an ingrown hair or a sebaceous cyst that gets recurrently infected.
Your best recourse would be to go across to a competent dermatosurgeon or general surgeon & get it 'excised'!
Do let me know where you live & i would be happy to recommend a doctor close to you if possible or one may look up the XXXXXXX directory for addresses!
Cheers & Good Luck .
P.S. It is a minor procedure that can be done under local anaesthesia in the Outpatient & do not worry; charges will vary with the centre & the size of lesion etc.
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India