Have a pea-sized cyst beside clitoris. Is it safe to pop it at home?

I have a pea-sized cyst beside my clitoris. It does not hurt. Is it safe to try and pop it at home? Like if I soak it in hot water first?
Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 12 minutes later

Welcome and thanks for writing to us

It can be a bartholin cyst or an inflammatory cyst due to infection of hair follicle.Yes ,doing hot fomentation is good for any type of cyst. As you have mentioned that it is pea sized so it is less likely to be a bartholin cyst.If there is pain and redness take paracetamol and antibiotics if required under doctor's guidance and prescription.If it does not subside then it is better to show it to your gynaecologist.
Best wishes and take care