Have a painful swollen perineum and small lump. Have bloated stomach. What is happening?

Question
I have a painful swollen perinium. I have had a small lump there for several years that occasionally changes sizes but in the last 24 hours it has swollen greatly and is very tender. It's about the size of a half dollar. I've also been suffering from a bloated stomach and have thrown up the last 2 nights. It does not hurt like an upset stomach though. It's more of a bloated feeling. Any ideas what is happening?
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 2 hours later
Hello
I need certain informations from you so that I am in a better position to answer.
Where exactly this lump is?
Is it near anal area or on buttocks?
Does it ooze pus or blood?
Does it itch?
Is it round or raised cauliflower shaped?
Is it warm to touch?
Is it possible to download a picture of it so that I can have a better look of it?
Have you ever consulted any doctor for this lump?

Waiting for your reply.
Thanks

Follow-up: Have a painful swollen perineum and small lump. Have bloated stomach. What is happening? 13 hours later
Its closer to my scrotum but clearly starts after the scrotum. I can only feel it under the skin. No redness no itching and its not warm but it is tender it almost oval shaped but stretched out. It is slightly raised but you really cant tell its there without touching it.. NO ooze or pus as I said it appears to be well under the skin.

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 3 hours later
Hello
There seems to be three possibilities for your swelling
1..a subcutaneous lipoma
2...an epidermal inclusion cyst
3.. A sebaceous cyst.
However final diagnosis can be arrived by physical examination followed by a surgical excision and biopsy.
Your symptoms of bloating don't seem to have any connection with your swelling.
It could be because of large fatty and spicy meal or may be due to alcohol use.
It shall pass of it's own.
Just take light food for couple of days and may be proton pump inhibitor like PANTOPROZOLE 40 mg once a day for 4 to 5 days.
Consult a surgeon for the swelling.

I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any additional concern.
Best of luck
Thanks

Follow-up: Have a painful swollen perineum and small lump. Have bloated stomach. What is happening? 42 minutes later
What type of dr should I call?

Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 6 hours later
Hello
Consult a general surgeon as this involves a simple surgical excision.
Thanks