Have a painful lump on the side of face near ear. Is this caused due to chest infection?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
I have a painful lump on the side of my face near my ear, could this be caused by infection as i have a chest infection at the moment
Posted Sun, 28 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later

This painful lump on side of face near your ear seems to be inflamed & swollen lymph node. Most lump in the neck and near the ear are swollen lymph nodes, unless proved otherwise by your physician. And yes, this swollen lymph node behind your ear might be due to chest infection.

I would suggest you to consult your nearest physician. You would most likely need a course of infection.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have more concerns.

Wishing you good health...