Have a painful knot at the base of skull causing terrible headaches and ear is hurting. Advise?

Hi. I have a painful knot at the base of my skull causing terrible headaches in the back of my head, & now i can barely turn my head. My right ear is also starting to hurt now. I noticed the knot a week ago.
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 8 hours later
You need to be examined by a local neurologist so as to rule out any infection causing such problem as it should not be missed. A clinical neurological examination will help us narrow down the diagnostic possibilities. I personally feel that you may be having a local infection which has to be excluded by appropriate investigation. Please note the limitation of not being examined.
I urge you to visit a local neurologist and get evaluated
Please get back in case you need any additional information
Best wishes