Have a nodule to the left of abdomen slightly below umbilicus area. What is this?

Question
I have a nodule to the left of abdomen slightly below umbilicus area. It looks like a calcified area on xay. I had a total hysterectomy in 2011. I had a colonoscopy that was normal. It feels like it is under my skin between the muscle. What is this nodule?
Posted Tue, 6 Nov 2012 in Lymphoma

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
The nodule can be a lipoma, a dermoid cyst, a neurofibroma, or a calcified dead parasite larva or rarely a Zenker degeneration.
The exact opinion would be possible from your surgeon after he does a local physical examination and sees the Xrays.
You do not worry about the nodule because it is nothing serious ans all the causes I have mentioned denote a benign nature of the problem.
You can get it excised under local anesthesia if it appears cosmetically unacceptable or becomes painful.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!

Follow-up: Have a nodule to the left of abdomen slightly below umbilicus area. What is this? 11 hours later
The area where the nodule is sometimes causes pain and if palpated it feels tender and a chemical burn feeling. I am nausated sometimes. What type of Doctor can help me. My OBGYN and Gastro physicians have not given me an explanation.

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic Physician's Desk!
I am damn sure the nodule can not cause nausea, you might be having an acid peptic problem simultaneously.
The pain has started probably because you have a concern for this and continue to check it frequently- I would advise to abstain from checking habit the pain will go away.
Every other person has nodule somewhere on the body, they are called universal tumor for that very reason.
A general surgeon/dermatologist whoever is nearby would be helpful doctor.
The explanation, I have already given to you.
Wish you a great health!