Have a nodule on finger. Biopsy came incomplete. Any other treatment except surgery?

I have gone tHrough four FNA biopsies On th right side nodule the size of my finger nail came back incomplete three time The fourt time thy are now calling it suspicious nodule. Am I faced with surgery now because of thi finding? is their a watch wiring or a treatment? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 26 Jan 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

It is understandable to be concerned.
If the cytology report stated that the lesion appears suspicious then it is likely that your doctors will op for surgical removal of the lesion. Any removal would likely be done as a day procedure.
There are non malignant reasons for growths on the fingers/ finger nails. The medical names for some of these lesions are: acquired digital fibrokeratoma (flesh colored lesions that are mainly a cosmetic problem- it is identified by biopsy), corn, wart, osteoma (this is a new growth of bone).

There are also potential malignant causes of the lesion.

The exact nature of the treatment would depend on the complete report and the conclusion by the lab technician.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions