Have a movable lump on left collar bone. had flu shot in left arm. Had a neck lift. Could it be siptoma?

Excellent

Question
Hi! I wrote you yesterday about a moveable lump on my left collar bone. Thank you so much for easing my mind. I did have a flu shot in my left arm and I noticed it the next day. I didnt tell you, I forgot , but I had a neck lift 5 months ago. Could that be a result in the lump? And also could it be a siptoma? My left arm aches also. Thank you! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Posted Wed, 30 Oct 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes; unclear on siptoma; other symptoms?

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

Its great to hear from you.

Yes of course, the neck lift could easily be one of the causes for the development of a lump. But with procedures like a neck lift, if a lump has resulted, it can be corrected with the help of a small/minor procedure, if you wish to go ahead with this.

I am sorry, I am unclear about a siptoma. Do you mean to talk about some type of growth or cancer?

Regarding your left arm, is this pain constant? Does it take place after physical activity (if so what kind of physical activity)? Do you have any radiating pain to your chest, neck or throat regions? Any injuries?

The pain in the arm could also be caused by the lump that you have, as the location could easily be applying pressure on blood vessels that supply the arm, and thus resulting in pain.

I am really happy to hear from you, and hope my response has helped you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.

Follow-up: Have a movable lump on left collar bone. had flu shot in left arm. Had a neck lift. Could it be siptoma? 5 hours later
Thank you so much for talking with me. I guess im just sooo nervous because everything I have read on the internet says that a lump on left collar bone is 90% cancer. Yikes!!! The lump is a little bigger than a pea and moves around and sometimes hard to find. Is this typical of getting a flu shot? Had the shot 5 days ago also in the left arm. Btw, do except tips? And how?

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not typical, but it is encountered

Detailed Answer:
Hi.

A lump after a flu-shot is not really typical, but it is experienced, and usually disappears with time. I would like you to keep a check on this lump, and if it persists for more than 4 weeks, then it is best to get it physically examined and depending on the examination a biopsy might also be requested. But I am sure this is most probably due to the procedure you had and/or the flu shot.

My tip and reward is your good health. Your blessings are all I need ma'am. Thank you so much.

Do keep in touch with me, I shall always be available for any clarifications or information, whether now or in the future.

God bless.

Follow-up: Have a movable lump on left collar bone. had flu shot in left arm. Had a neck lift. Could it be siptoma? 7 hours later
Thank you! I will keep in touch.

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
My pleasure

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome. Please do.

Follow-up: Have a movable lump on left collar bone. had flu shot in left arm. Had a neck lift. Could it be siptoma? 39 hours later
Hi! Hope this finds you well! I had a ultrasound of the lump. Could not find it unless I sat up. The Dr. Called me today and said there is something there, don'nt know what? He said we can just keep an I on it, or proceed with more tests. He said up to me. Should I be safe rather than sorry.?

Brief Answer:
Better to proceed with investigations

Detailed Answer:
Hello once again.

I would recommend to proceed with further investigations. For all we know, this could be a lump developed due to the procedures; but if not, then it is better to learn about it earlier than later, as treatment would be simpler earlier during its course.

So in my opinion, be safer than sorry. Do proceed with further investigations. Wishing you lots of luck.

God bless.