Have a mild pain or discomfort in testicle and abdominal discomfort. Are these connected?

Hi there, since about a week i have a dullish pain or discomfortt in my left testicle. I am 36 and have never had problems before. Its not really sore just anoying. Self check didnt reveal any bumps. The gland from my left testicle is a little sensitive (sharpish pain) if i press it between my fingers. I am plannin gto go to the dr but until then wanted to ask you what you think. Have also had a lillte discomfort in my lower left abdomn but not sure if its connected.
Posted Sat, 13 Oct 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later

Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX

The possibilities are
1. Early infection of the sperm collecting tubes/ testes ( abdominal pain is possible in this condition)
2. Tumour of the testes ( you are already past the tumour age but still needs to be ruled out)
3. Twist of the spermatic cord ( in which case the pain will be very severe and hence unlikely).
You need focused history, physical examination, urine analysis/culture and possibly ultrasound scan of the testes.
The treatment will vary based on the cause found.
Till that time, you can use tight underwear to support the scrotum, ice application to the scrotum thrice daily for about 15 minutes each session.
Hope i am of some help, kindly get back for doubts if any.
Get well soon,