Have a mass under rib cage. Moves while lying and getting burning sensation. What is wrong?

Hi... I have a mass under my right rib cage. It moves even when lying still and when I push on it there is a burning sensation
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

After going thro your history the following things are possible. Swelling arising form the skin and soft tissues- lipoma, sebaceous cyst OR neurofibroma.
Kidly get yourself examined and the same may be removed if necessary under local anesthetic.
Overall this treatable and there is nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query, kindly get back for doubts if any..
DR G Srinivasan

Follow-up: Have a mass under rib cage. Moves while lying and getting burning sensation. What is wrong? 36 minutes later
I am familiar with the cyst idea... But my concern is the burning sensation when I touch it and the movement. I forget about it until I feel it move around. It's below my rib cage on the right hand side of my stomach and I feel pain in my back almost directly behind it
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 3 hours later

Thanks for your reply.
Physical examination is necessary to come to a conclusion. Kindly consult your physician, as he will be the best person to comment.
He may also request an ultrasound scan to see whats happening inside the tummy.
Get well soon, regards,