Have a mass of covering on rib cage. What is this?

Sep 2012

I have a mass of some kind covering my left rib cage - is that my stomach? Some times it protrudes outward and other times, it just moves around. It remains sore above and around that area.
Posted Wed, 31 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later
The description of the mass you gave does not seem to be of your stomach. Because stomach is in central position of your abdomen. The position you told is left hypochondrium. The spleen resides here.
Secondly stomach can not move around because it is a fixed organ.
Thirdly, the sore above and around the area indicates an superficial inflammation. In a disease of stomach this is unusual.
So, it is not stomach. It is a superficial swelling with surface inflammation.
Consult any general physician for physical examination.
Let me know if you have more concerns to be addressed.