Have a lung mass that is 44mm, FEV low. What does it mean ?

I was told I have a lung mass that is 44mm. My FEV is low. What are my options?
Posted Fri, 13 Jul 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later
A mass in the lung may be due to many factors.Its important to know what kind of symptoms you have. 44mm is small,but the locations and type of mass matters more.
Many infections /malignancy etc also cause masses so its important to come to a definite diagnosis.You should get a MRI chest if you havent already.Also lung function tests are a must. Lung masses can be of various types,benign or malignant .,abscesses,infections amyloidosis or even av malformations.So its important to make the diagnosis properly.You should be investigated thoroughly and if possible, a biopsy should be taken to confirm the diagnosis.Treatment will be accordingly.