Have a lump on inner thigh by pelvis. Feels like a breast lump. Leg feels odd and painful thigh. Suggest?

General Surgeon
I have a lump on my inner right thigh by my pelvis. It doesn't hurt an feels about how a breast lump would but that leg feels odd off and on and there is pain going down line of inner thigh below it.
Posted Sun, 26 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 55 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Are you able to provide a photo of it?

Such lump can be a varicose vein, lipoma, sebaceous cyst. If it is in the groin, hernia should be considered.
Varicose vein should be soft and can be less visible while the leg is up. As the varicose vein is caused by veins insufficiency you may also suffer from leg pain while standing for a long time, swelling and tingling.
Lipoma or sebaceous cyst should be round, movable and also soft (but little harder than varicose vein). Both lesions are painless.
Inguinal hernia should give a lump in the groin area and the pain, which should aggravate while standing and coughing.
In case of varicose veins, Dopplers ultrasound should be done. Other lesions should be diagnosed with soft tissues ultrasound and removed with surgery.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.