Have a lump on forehead. Had brain stimulation. Any connection?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I have a lump in my forehead. I had XXXXXXX brain stimulation 3 months ago. The lump is soon the place where the halo was. Screwed on my forehead and where the. Sshot was given to numb it. What could it bee? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
The small lump that has formed on your forehead seems to be due to a fibrosis at the site of injection. It can also be due to small subcutaneous swelling like a sebaceous cyst or lipoma. Such lumps usually resolve spontaneously over months without any treatment. In case the lump is painful or red or is increasing in size then an infection at the site is likely. In such a case, a direct examination will help n proper diagnosis and systemic antibiotics are needed to control the infection.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.