Have a lot of gas and bloating in pelvic area. What is the cause and cure?

May 2013
I have a lot of gas and bloating in my pelvic area I get this everyday. Sometimes I feel it nmy back.
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later

The possible causes for your symptoms are:

The common cause is formation of gas in the intestines in the process of digestion.
In case of constipation or when undigested foods like starches, sugar etc taken this gas formation will be more.

The rare causes are:
Infection of pelvic viscera due to gas forming organisms.
Tissue infarction or necrosis.
Formation enteric fistulous track like recto vaginal fistula.
Reflux from adjacent hollow viscus etc.

Usually the exact cause can be differentiated form associated symptoms like:
In case of constipation you will have pain abdomen, difficulty in passing stools etc.
If infection with gas forming organisms occurs fever, pain abdomen and other inflammatory signs etc will present.

So you once consult gynecologist get physical examination and ultrasound done which will possibly find out the cause for your problem and treatment can be taken accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.